• Assisting academic and professional communities in understanding the issues and values of public opinion and associated institutions.
• Exploring the role of the traditional and new media in influencing public opinion.
• Providing a platform to present research papers on their recent studies on elections in Asia (Indonesia, India, Malaysia, Pakistan).
• Discussing the factors that inhibit the growth of public opinion in Asia.
• Facilitating dialogues between academics and industry leader.
Syed Arabi Idid
International Islamic University Malaysia
Holli A. Semetko
Emory University, United States
CVOTER International, India
Social Weather Stations, Philippines
Hong Kong Public Opinion Research Institute, Hong Kong
PROPOSED THEMES / STREAMS
1. Factors Fostering the Growth of Public Opinion
• Politics of media
• Socio-demographic factors
• Multicultural media
• Media and cultural representation
2. Media, Power and Conflict
• Media and politics
• Ideologies in communication
• Representation and power
• Media hegemony and society
3. Polling and Gauging Voter Sentiment
• Linking civil society and media
• Civil society and politics
• Political election and perception
• Electronic voting and issues
4. Media, Communication and Technology
• Media in the digital era
• Social media
• Media and journalism: changing dimensions
• Internet and online media
• Media globalisation
5. Methods of Research: Survey and Content Analysis
• Methodological challenges and improvement
• Challenges of comparative research
• Media convergence research
• Cross cultural concerns in data collection and management issues
6. Public Opinion in Digital Age
• Media industry challenges and opportunities
• Media industry in the digital age
• Digital media policies
• Social media, big data, and sentiment analysis
• Humanising digital media
7. Public Opinion and Health
• Public opinion and health legislation
• Health campaigns in digital media
• Pandemic and health education
• Health information and communication strategies
8. Ethics and Standard of Conduct
• Intellectual property
• Getting recognition
• Digital media and Islamic perspective
• Media law in Asian region
• Media law and pandemic
How to Submit Your Paper
Submit your abstract to the official email email@example.com with a subject “Abstract for WAPORASIAKL2020”.
Notification of acceptance will be given after the abstract is reviewed and accepted.
Prepare a Video03
Prepare a 10-minute video (horizontal format) and send the video to the official email firstname.lastname@example.org together with a proof of payment.
Zoom's meeting code and WhatsApps's link will be given one week before the conference date.
Participate in the conference on 9-10 November, 2020.
Digital certificate will be given to all presenters within two weeks after the conference date.
Conference Fees (Local Participants)
Conference Fees (International Participants)
By September 15, 2020
Notification of Acceptance
By September 20, 2020
Proof of Payment
September 20 – 30, 2020
September 20 – 30, 2020
Workshop and Conference
November 9 – 10, 2020